Running paid ads on Facebook and Instagram is an excellent way to drive brand awareness, new business leads and sales.
In our experience, we have seen success for both B2B and B2C companies through these platforms, mainly because of the unique targeting capabilities.
In late 2018, we had the opportunity to work with a start up to drive B2C sales online, while also increasing awareness of the new brand and their products.
As you can see illustrated in the following case study, we had great success:
A start up greeting card company was looking to increase brand awareness and drive sales through social media. The overall objectives were:
- Grow fan base, engagement (Instagram)
- Support E-commerce to drive revenue and establish brand recall (Facebook)
- Increase customer database (Facebook)
Our team worked with a partner to implement and refine an existing strategy and also establish a new updated strategy to support the client in driving conversions and fostering two-way relationships with their audience: women, 25 – 44.
Instagram served as the main channel, focusing on increasing page growth and engagement. Facebook was used to support the e-commerce goals of the brand, setting up a robust Facebook store and running paid ads to drive purchases. Facebook was also used as a way to grow the existing customer database, using lead ads with a coupon code to drive email submissions.
Our plan was to utilize the two social channels to achieve the client’s goals, with an aggressive optimization schedule. We reviewed results on a daily basis and provided weekly reporting. This allowed us to maintain an ongoing dialogue with the client to make sure the work supported business objectives and KPIs.
Over the course of the six month agreement, the client achieved the following results:
- 80% decrease in cost per purchase, falling from more than $100 to just $20 at it lowest point.
- More than 300 email addresses to add to the database, with a cost per lead trending at $5.15 in the final month. (Down 57.26%)
- Brand recall (measured by Facebook) increased every month throughout the partnership. In total, increased 71%, from 7% to 12%.
- Facebook engagement rate increased 166% from 33% in the first month to 88% in the final month.
You can have this success too!
Contact us to learn more about how you can test this medium for your business.