Ready to start your company store? We can help!
Setting up a company store to manage your promotional products inventory and distribution helps to reduce costs, ensure brand consistency and allows for increased brand awareness. Starting a company store might sound overwhelming but it can be done in just three easy steps.
Step 1: Identify the goal of the company store
While this may seem obvious, really digging to understand the following is crucial for success:
- Who is using the store?
- How will they access the store?
- What pain point is the store solving?
Meet with various stakeholders throughout your organization to ask them specific questions about their goals for the company store so you can ensure you are meeting the needs of everyone involved.
Step 2: Selecting merchandise
We will work with your team to select top of the line products made from brands you love to offer on the store. All products will be shown with your logo as a virtual proof.
Some items to consider include:
- Beanies and baseball hats
- Tech products
- Industry-specific items
Offering high-quality and useful products are key. The more useful and high end a product is, the more likely it is to be used.
Once the products are selected by your team, we handle everything else! We use seamless design and thoughtful technology to create a beautiful company store that is an extension of your brand and existing website. We will set up the store so that users can select their product and easily checkout. All products will be printed and shipped directly to the recipient or bulk shipped to your office or central location.
Step 3: Launch the store
Now that you have launched the store, it’s time to get the word out. Post-launch, keep awareness and excitement for your store high with a solid marketing plan. We recommend offering gift cards for employees to test out the store, sending reminder emails and generally just making it easy for your employees to access the store.
Now that you see how easy it is, here are some great uses for a company store:
- Improve efficiencies across channels by keeping a large stock of inventory for anyone on the team to use for trade shows and other needs.
- Allow your team to select their own gift! Give team members a gift card to the store for birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and more.
- Share with top customers and prospects and allow them to purchase gifts as a special treat (on you!).
- Share with the public, people who love your brand will want to rep you if you the merch is solid!
- New hire and uniform kits can be hard to keep organized. Make it easy for your employees by centralizing your uniform program with an online store.
- Create premade kits that can be sent to employees upon major life events, such as a baby, or kits that can be sent to clients when a major project closes.
Remember, your company store will be a reflection of your business, but it should also be fun! While a company store serves as a practical way to share branded gifts, it is also a great way to build brand champions out of your employees and other people who you decide to give store access to.
Engaging employees with branded merchandise is an easy and cost-effective way to motivate your team, strengthen your relationship and build brand affinity. In the world of remote work and decentralized workplaces, physical branded items can help break down those barriers and create a tangible touchpoint at every point in the employee’s life cycle.