One of our favorite things about the marketing world is that it is always changing – nothing is ever stagnant.
This pushes marketers to stay up to date with new developments in the industry. We are constantly reading blog posts and news articles, listening to podcasts and speaking with other marketers to ensure we are ahead of the ever evolving marketing curve. That is our job of course – keeping our clients aware of the latest trends, strategies and statistics!
We thought it might be kind of fun to review some of the latest marketing trends with our blog readers this week. Whether you are interested in SEO, content, email or just driving conversions, we’ve pulled together a list of statistics to help you better understand the industry and achieve your goals.
- 49% of users say they use Google to discover or find a new item or product. (Think with Google)
- About 64% of marketers actively invest time in search engine optimization (SEO). (HubSpot)
- Only 17% of marketers use landing page A/B tests to improve conversion rates. (HubSpot)
- Over a two year period, there was a 900%+ growth in mobile searches for “___ near me today/tonight.” (Think with Google)
- Over 1.6 billion people around the world are connected to a small business on Facebook. (Facebook)
- LinkedIn is the second-most popular social media platform used by B2B marketers, ranking only behind Facebook. (Statista)
- Instagram is the social channel with the second-highest ROI among marketers. (HubSpot, 2020) Over two-thirds of total Instagram audiences are 34-years-old or younger, as of April of 2020. (Statista)
- Improved traffic, lead generation, and growing fan loyalty are among the top reasons why marketers see value in employing social networks in their campaigns. (Statista)
- The number of marketers who say Facebook is “critical” or “important” to their business has increased 83% in just 2 years. (WPForms)
- Roughly 80% of marketers have reported an increase in email engagement over the past 12 months. (HubSpot)
- Message Personalization is the number one tactic used by email marketers to improve performance. (HubSpot)
- On average, email marketing has a 4400% ROI. (OptinMonster)
- 50% of small and medium-sized businesses use their marketing automation software to send email drip campaigns. (Statista)
- 33% of marketers use paid advertising to increase their brand awareness. (HubSpot)
- The Google Display Network reaches 90% of Internet users worldwide. (Google)
- The paid channels with the highest ROI are Facebook and Google Search advertising. (HubSpot)
- Companies that blog get 55% more web traffic. (WPForms)
- 20% of people will read the text on a page, but 80% of people will watch a video. So if you’re reading this, you’re in the minority. (MYSMN)
- 78% of marketers believe that custom content is where the industry is headed. (OMNICORE)
- As of July 2018, 52.95% of people use Mobile compared to 43.11% on desktop worldwide. (GlobalStats)
Interested in staying up to speed on the top trends and stats? Just let us know! We are happy to keep you in the loop on large changes to ensure you are informed.
Did you learn anything new from reading these stats?