What Is Facebook Business Suite?
Over the last 8 years, marketers have been searching for a better way to use the Instagram and Facebook platforms more cohesively. Outside of posting the same post to both channels (which was possible, but not always easy), the two platforms both owned by Facebook, didn’t work very well together.
In 2020, Facebook changed that by allowing accounts to message between apps. This small roll out was widely received, allowing for the launch of Facebook Business Suite, a platform that makes it easier and for brands to manage their collective presence on Facebook and Instagram.
Facebook’s COO Sheryl Sandberg said this new platform will allow brands “to post to Facebook and Instagram at the same time, and manage and receive messages, notifications and alerts in one place. They can also easily see what’s working and learn what’s resonating with customers with Facebook and Instagram insights.”
Score! As a marketing agency, we have been hoping for this type of synergy for years! The simplified design allows business owners, marketing professionals and agencies like ours to:
- Keep up with the increased communication, comments and messages from their social profiles
- Strategize, plan, create and post content that’s aligned with the company goals and mission
- Track and report on the effectiveness of the content being posted
- Better follow along with changes to policies, guidelines, and terms of service
If you already use the page manager app for mobile devices, you will automatically see the option to access the Business Suite. If you don’t already use that app, visit the iOS or Android app stores and download the Facebook Business Suite app.
Ready to get started?
Before you can take advantage of Facebook Business Suite, Facebook recommends connecting your Instagram account with your Facebook business page. This process is easy!
- Make sure your IG account is set up as a business account
- Log into Facebook and navigate to your business page
- Select Instagram on the left and follow the prompts to get them connected
Facebook is rolling out this beta to small businesses first, but eventually we imagine that this will be available to everyone and will likely be permanent.
Have you tried Facebook Business Suite yet? Share your thoughts with us!