The Advertising Specialty Institute serves a network of 25,000 suppliers, distributors and decorators within the promotional products industry. The Markey Group has been a member of ASI since our inception and it continues to be the very best when it comes to managing products and providing us with industry-specific information necessary to do our work.
Each year, ASI releases their Ad Impression Study, which outlines the reach and effectiveness of promotional products. We spend hours pouring through this data to confirm we are clear on what works, what people love, and what our clients need to know when it comes to promotional products. The report offers clear and organized data about what products are most appreciated and what provides the best ROI – two very important things to us and to our clients.
In total, ASI surveyed nearly 25,000 consumers nationwide over an entire year. The data continues to tell a positive story about promotional products, specifically:
- Promotional Products are U.S. consumers’ favorite form of advertising, ahead of TV, Radio, Digital and more!
- 54% of consumers would feel more favorable about the advertiser who gave them a promo product if it was made in the USA. And we agree, almost 95% of the products we offer are proudly made right here in the United States!
- 46% of consumers would feel more favorable about the advertiser who gave them a promo product if it was environmentally friendly. This was shockingly low to us, as about 80% of our customers request sustainable products. We love the focus on sustainability and look forward to seeing how this changes over time.
- Longevity is key when it comes to a promotional product! And they each garner thousands of impressions throughout their lifetime. Here are the products that are kept for the longest amount of time:
- Outerwear: 60% of consumers keep for 2 years or more!
- Umbrella: 54% of consumers keep for 2 years or more!
- Power Bank or Wireless Charger: 54% of consumers keep for 2 years or more!
- Drinkware: 63% of consumers keep for 1 year or more!
- And our favorite stat: Promo Products influence behavior and the likelihood of consumers to do business with the advertiser. This study proves that consumers are more likely to do business with an advertiser who gave them the promotional product.
If your team is wondering about the value of promotional products or is looking for definitive data and stats to provide the value of promotional products to internal management teams, let us know. We are happy to share the entire study with you!