National holidays, key product information, important events and more – your social media content calendar should be filled with different types of content throughout the month.
Some months, pulling content together for your calendar will be very easy. For example, if you launch a new partnership in January – you will likely have plenty of content to link to, talk about and promote. But, come February, you may need some help filling the empty space.
Enter – unusual holidays! There are hundreds of these “micro” holidays throughout the year, many of which have universal appeal and a ton of potential to have fun with.
Some of our favorites to celebrate on social media include:
- January 20: Cheese Lovers Day
- Feb 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day
- March 1: Peanut butter LoversDay
- April 10: National Siblings Day
- May 15: Bike To Work Day
- June 2: National Donut Day
- July 1: International Joke Day
- August 12: Middle Child Day
- September 19: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- October 30: Checklist Day
- November 4: National Candy Day
- December 8: Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day
A quick google will give you a list of more silly holidays. A great way to celebrate these is via Instagram stories – feature your team members as they eat different candy on November 4th. Or you can showcase photos of your leadership with their siblings on April 10th. One of our favorite ideas is to feature a list of favorite jokes from around the office across social media on July 1st.
Bonus Points – Use these holidays for more than just social content. Surprise and delight your employees, clients or prospects during these “off-season” giftable holidays. Here are some examples:
- January 15: National Hat Day – Branded beanies for everyone
- Feb 7: Send a Card to a Friend Day – Send personalized stationary to your employees with a pack of stamps
- March 20: National Doctors Day – Donate branded supplies to doctors at your local hospital
- April 22: Earth Day – Branded water bottles or tote bags are our favorite green promotional items
- June 4: Leave the Office Early Day – Put together a beach bag – towel, frisbee, hat, sand toys- and send your team home at lunch
- July 21: National Ice Cream Day – Deliver a branded ice cream scoop
- September 30: Podcast Appreciation Day – Provide branded headphones and a list of industry related podcasts to your team
- October 1: Coffee Day – Branded coffee mugs or travel mugs are one of the top used promotional items available
- December 21: Crossword Puzzle Day – Branded notebook or puzzle book for your team or your clients
One final recommendation: make sure the holidays you select and the content you create aligns to your brand in some way. Happy holidays!
Need help creating a content calendar or gifting strategy for your business? Please let us know!